For more than 40 years, Odyssey of the Mind teaches students to learn creative problem-solving methods while having fun in the process. This S.T.E.M. based program generates excitement by tapping into creativity, and through encouraging imaginative paths to problem-solving, students learns skills that will provide them with the ability to solve problems — great and small — for a lifetime. The Odyssey of the Mind teaches students how to think divergently by providing open-ended problems that appeal to a wide range of interests. Students learn how to identify challenges and to think creatively to solve those problems. They are free to express their ideas and suggestions without fear of criticism. The creative problem-solving process rewards thinking “outside of the box.”
Try a couple of Spontaneous Problems and hear about Odyssey of the Mind.
October 2, 2019, 6:30-7:30
Milton Middle School Cafeteria, 42 Herrick Ave., Milton, VT
Please let us know if you are planning to come by registering here so we have plenty of supplies for the Problems.
Getting Started in 3 Steps
1) Sign up for an Odyssey of the Mind Membership
Register with Odyssey of The Mind. After registration is complete, you should receive a membership package in the mail and you will be added to our contact list.
2) Contact the Vermont Odyssey of the Mind organization to schedule an Information Session
Call 1-802-434-3209 or email us to schedule a mutually agreeable date/time. Announce the event in your school and community with posters, flyers, or via the school newsletter.
3) Recruit a team and coaches
- Sign up teams in groups of 5-7 students and 1-2 coaches
- Teams choose Long-Term Problems
- Have coaches sign up for training (see a Training Slideshow here) Training is available at two locations: Southern Region and Northern Region.