VT Odyssey of the mind is excited to begin our 41st year. We are one of the founding chapters in this program and team participation has declined for the past 6 years by 50%. We need your help to increase awareness and participation your local area. Having been involved in OM, you know how amazing this program is to improve student creativity, team-work and problem-solving skills, and having fun while doing it. Our goal is to reach as many Vermont students as possible and the best way to do this is with the help of those with first-hand experience.
Here are a few possible ways you can help:
- Introduce the OM program to friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers who have students between K-12th grades. For more information, they can go to our website http://vt.odysseyofthemind.org or contact us directly.
- Do you live in a high traffic area, would you be willing to place a Lawn sign along the road in front of your home? This is what it looks like (two sides the same).
- Help us set-up an Information Night at your local school, library, home-school group, recreational department, etc. Give us a time and place and we will be there! We will come prepared to tell them all about OM and assist in getting teams started.
To stay in touch with OM please go to the following link so we can add you to our OM National Alumni Directory: https://www.odysseyalumni.org/. This is for coaches, judges and past team members. We love seeing our VT OM alumni involved at the local and national level.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Board of Director- Recruitment
Board of Director- Recruitment
OMER’s Award: OMER’s Award may be given to coaches, team members, parents, officials or others who serve as positive examples or role models through their actions and works, or to team members who exhibit exceptional skill, as opposed to creativity. It is awarded to individuals who exemplify the spirit and philosophy of the Odyssey of the Mind, or to team/team members who exhibit exceptional talent, outstanding sportsmanship, and/or astounding teamwork.
- Colchester Coordinator, individual award: Stephanie Fournier
- Richmond Elementary School, P5 DI, team award
- Town of Brandon, P4 DIII, team award
- Union Memorial, Primary, team award
- Camels Hump Middle School, P5 DII, team award
Ranatra Fusca: The Ranatra Fusca Creativity Award is given to a team or individual for demonstrating outstanding creativity. This award embodies all that the Odyssey of the Mind program represents.
- Given for Spontaneous: Colchester Middle School, P5 DII, team award
Check out photos from the 2019 Vermont State Tournament by looking in Tournament Photos!
Great 40th Anniversary Tournament with OMER in attendance.
Find your scores here:
We have a friend crocheting plastic bags to be made into Sleeping mats for the homeless. Takes about 900 bags to make a 3′ x 6′ mat.
If you have clean plastic bags you want to recycle for a good use, please bring them to the Tournament and we’ll take it from there.
The 2019 Vermont Odyssey of the Mind State Tournament has been posted.
Everyone who has volunteered to serve as a judge at the 2019 Odyssey of the Mind State Tournament is required to attend a judges’ training session. This is a 3.5 hour training. Refreshments will be provided.
Date: March 2
Time: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Essex Middle School
60 Founders Road
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Map (copy and paste into browser):
You do not need to attend this event IF:
- you registered to be an official, but not a judge (eg. Sales, Judges’ Lounge, etc)
- you have already been trained for Problem 2 with Sean Leach
- Tim Vile (Problem 1 PC) has contacted you, you will be trained on the day of the Tournament
- Donna Shepardson (Spontaneous) has contacted you, or you stated that you will work on Spontaneous, you will be trained on the day of the Tournament
Registration is required. Please reply to this email if you will attend. (This is so I know how much to bring for refreshments.)
Thank you for volunteering. We could not have a Tournament without you. It is my favorite day of the year (yes, it beats Halloween).
See you at training!
Vermont Creativity Quest, Inc. offers a $500 scholarship to a former or present participant of Odyssey of the Mind in Vermont to be used by the recipient for higher (post-secondary) education. Division III (High School) participation will be viewed especially favorably. Applicants (High School seniors or first-year post-secondary school enrollees) may apply by completing the scholarship application (http://vt.odysseyofthemind.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/VCQ-2019-Scholarship-application.pdf). Former VCQ scholarship recipients may not apply.