Please join us for our 45th State Tournament!
Archive for Uncategorized
THE ODYSSEY NEVER ENDS…
Since 1978, students around the globe have been solving creative problems in the Odyssey of the Mind program.
Omers live in every corner of the world and include artists, executives, architects, engineers, and more.
OdysseyAlumni brings this community of creative thinkers together.
VT Odyssey of the Mind is excited to begin our new year!
Having been involved in OM, you know how amazing this program is to improve student creativity, team-work and problem-solving skills, and having fun while doing it. Our goal is to reach as many Vermont students as possible, and the best way to do this is with the help of those with first-hand experience.
Here are a few possible ways you can help:
- Introduce the OM program to friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers who have students between K-12th grades. For more information, they can go to our website http://vt.odysseyofthemind.org or contact us directly.
- Do you live in a high traffic area, would you be willing to place a lawn sign along the road in front of your home? This is what it looks like (two sides the same).
- Help us set-up an Information Night at your local school, library, home-school group, recreational department, etc. Give us a time and place and we will be there! We will come prepared to tell them all about OM and assist in getting teams started.
To stay in touch with OM please go to the following link so we can add you to our OM National Alumni Directory: https://www.odysseyalumni.org/. This is for coaches, judges and past team members. We love seeing our VT OM alumni involved at the local and national level.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Northern Regional Director
Southern Regional Director
Float and Banner Parade:
- Colchester Coordinator, individual award: Stephanie Fournier
- Richmond Elementary School, P5 DI, team award
- Town of Brandon, P4 DIII, team award
- Union Memorial, Primary, team award
- Camels Hump Middle School, P5 DII, team award
- Given for Spontaneous: Colchester Middle School, P5 DII, team award
Check out photos from the 2019 Vermont State Tournament by looking in Tournament Photos!
Great 40th Anniversary Tournament with OMER in attendance.
Find your scores here:
We have a friend crocheting plastic bags to be made into Sleeping mats for the homeless. Takes about 900 bags to make a 3′ x 6′ mat.
If you have clean plastic bags you want to recycle for a good use, please bring them to the Tournament and we’ll take it from there.
The 2019 Vermont Odyssey of the Mind State Tournament has been posted.
Everyone who has volunteered to serve as a judge at the 2019 Odyssey of the Mind State Tournament is required to attend a judges’ training session. This is a 3.5 hour training. Refreshments will be provided.
Date: March 2
Time: 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Essex Middle School
60 Founders Road
Essex Junction, VT 05452 Map (copy and paste into browser): https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=60+Founders+Road+Essex+Junction+VT+05452+United+States
- you registered to be an official, but not a judge (eg. Sales, Judges’ Lounge, etc)
- you have already been trained for Problem 2 with Sean Leach
- Tim Vile (Problem 1 PC) has contacted you, you will be trained on the day of the Tournament
- Donna Shepardson (Spontaneous) has contacted you, or you stated that you will work on Spontaneous, you will be trained on the day of the Tournament
Registration is required. Please reply to this email if you will attend. (This is so I know how much to bring for refreshments.)
Thank you for volunteering. We could not have a Tournament without you. It is my favorite day of the year (yes, it beats Halloween).
See you at training!